Port Clinton Area Chamber & Main Street Port Clinton
- MAINTAINED the Chamber website which offers many free advertising opportunities for members including their own directory page, member spotlights, job postings, coupon page and event page - www.portclintonchamber.com
- TEAMED with the Port Clinton City Schools, City of Port Clinton, and Magruder Hospital to create the Guide to Local Activities.
- PARTNERED with Ottawa County Chambers and LESI to co-host booths at the Great Lakes Home & Flower Show and the National Matches at Camp Perry.
- PROMOTED Growing and Starting a Business Booklet in Port Clinton.
- CREATED and distributed 6,000 Downtown Coupon Pages.
- DESIGNED a Port Clinton Page and encouraged members to purchase ads in the Lake Erie Shores & Islands Travel Planner at a discounted rate.
- MAINTAINED three Facebook pages and Twitter accounts with daily posts.
- COMPLETED the professional printing of the 2015-16 Ottawa County Map & Resource Guide using local chamber members.
- COORDINATED the 2016-2017 Ottawa County Chamber Directory with Marblehead, Oak Harbor and Genoa. With 2,400 copies distributed from our office and 1,100 at events.
- MARKETED Chamber members by placing materials at the Ohio Turnpike plazas.
- TEAMED up with Lake Erie Shores & Islands to showcase the Port Clinton area and our members at the AAA Great Vacations Travel Expo.
- MAINTAINED 390 members and supporters while welcoming 33 new members.
- ASSISTED and participated in 20 ribbon cutting ceremonies for businesses and members.
- EXPANDED the Ambassador’s Program.
- COORDINATED 10 Business After Hours held at various businesses with an average attendance of 60 members.
- PROVIDED relocation packets to people moving to or considering a move to the Port Clinton area, distributed tourist information packets, and provided area information to students studying Ohio history.
- DISTRIBUTED two hardcopy issues of the Compass Newsletter to 1,800 businesses in Northern Ohio and four digital issues of the Newsletter were emailed to our members.
- CREATED the 2016-2017 Member Benefit Guide.
- CONTINUED the Member Discount Card Program.
- ACCESS to group health insurance & worker’s compensation.
- DISCOUNTS for electric & gas consumption. Shipping discounts available with FedEx along with a bulk mailing rate for postage on large mailings.
- 13,284 REFERRALS received for daily inquiries via email, phone, website, social media & walk-ins for products & services for chamber members only.
- CREATED the Lunch N Learn series where guest speakers focus on topics that are relevant to our members and their businesses.
- RECOGNIZED outstanding businesses and their contributions during the 2015 Annual Dinner at the Catawba Island Club with over 187 members attending.
- HELD the 6th Annual Sunset Cruise on Lake Erie on the Jet Express in July with over 200 people attending a wonderful evening on Lake Erie.
- PLANNED the Jerry Lippus Memorial Classic Car Show in August.
- HOSTED the Chamber Golf Outing at the Catawba Island Club in September and raised $500 to fund a scholarship for a graduating senior in Ottawa County to be awarded in May 2016.
- CO-HOSTED Candidate's Debate Night with the Port Clinton Business and Professional Women, The Beacon, and WPCR PortClintonRadio.com.
- COORDINATED the 4th Annual Downtown Port Clinton Trick or Treat and Zombie Pub Crawl.
- ORGANIZED and planned the Community Christmas including the Gift of Lights, 2nd Annual Lighted Holiday Parade, 1st Annual Chili Cooking Contest, children’s activities and caroling.
- WITH support of the Catawba Island Club, hosted the Holiday Mixer as a thank you to Chamber members in December.
- COORDINATED the 35th Annual Main Street Port Clinton Walleye Festival over Memorial Day Weekend including the CMP Grande Parade, Skipper Bud’s Kid’s Fishing Derby & Marine Max Kid’s Activity Area.
- OFFERED CPR/First Aid certification and Fire Extinguisher training classes to our members.
- PLANNED the 1st Speed Networking event held at the Elk’s lodge where businesses could network in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- COORDINATED over 6,800 volunteer hours worked in the community in 2015.
- DISTRIBUTED $45,000 in Downtown Improvement Grants in the past three years to downtown businesses and building owners.
- DONATED over $600 to the Holiday Bureau.
- COORDINATED the purchase of decorative light posts and electrical equipment for Second & Madison Streets.
- CONTINUED Gift Certificate Program, keeping dollars in the local economy.
- COORDINATED seasonal plantings in downtown streetscape planters.
- WALLEYE FESTIVAL chosen as one of the “Best Festivals” by the readers of Lake Erie Living Magazine and won The Beacon’s “2015 Best of the Best Award.”
- FOUNDATION served as Fiscal Agent for the Fireworks Committee.
- AWARDED scholarships for a high school student and Leadership Ottawa County.
- OPPORTUNITIES to contribute to the Chamber’s success by inviting members to serve on committees that direct Chamber activity.
- BUSINESS counseling and member assistance for various services are available. The Chamber/Main Street provides referrals and diligently works to provide business related workshop information offered by other organizations including NOACC, BBB, the Ohio Chamber and the Center for Non-profit Resources.
- WORKED closely with City Council and Administration for the creation and adoption of the City’s Downtown Revitalization Plan.
- SUCCESSFULLY received $300,000 CDBG Downtown Revitalization Funds from the State of Ohio through the Ottawa County Commissioners. Funds are available to business and building owners to make façade and/or code improvements to their buildings. A target area was identified to include Madison between the Portage River and the railroad and Second between Jefferson and Monroe.