Member Spotlight 40
payne Nickles & Company, CPAS
- Tell us about your company culture. Payne Nickles & Company cares about your financial goals, and your hopes and dreams for your future. We enjoy developing creative solutions to your financial challenges, and helping you make smart choices with your money. Nothing pleases us more than when our clients tell us we are different because we are genuinely interested in their success. The way we look at it, our clients’ success is our success.
- Tell us about organizations/charities that you are passionate about. For the past eight years, Payne Nickles & Company has partnered with Second Harvest Food Bank during their annual campaign to raise awareness and much needed food for those less fortunate families in our area. Our Sandusky and Norwalk locations have served as collection points for food and donations. In addition, our staff volunteers on a variety of community boards and within various community organizations. Some of the organizations include Serving Our Seniors, American Red Cross, First Book Huron County, Norwalk Clothing Bank, Volunteer Center of Erie County, Boys and Girls Club of Erie County, and numerous church boards and committees and civic organizations in the counties we serve.
- What 3 business tips can you share with others?
- We are often asked how long to keep records. Here is a link to a record retention guide on our website so business owners can be confident about what to keep and what to pitch.https://www.pncpa.biz/Resources/RecordsRetentionGuide.aspx
- The Department of Labor has changed the overtime rules effective December 1st, 2016. The new rules increase the salary threshold for white-collar workers to remain exempt from overtime rules to $913 per week or $47,476 annually. It is important to check the status of your current employees to make sure you are in compliance with the new regulations.
- The federal mileage rates for 2016 are 54¢ for business, 19¢ for medical, and 14¢ for charitable. Don’t forget to track your medical and charitable mileage, It can add up!